Sunday, September 19, 2021

Thai Spice ~ Albuquerque, New Mexico


First visit: Aug 2021

No road trip is going to happen without at least one visit to a Thai restaurant. That's a Mrs. RJG rule. So for this getaway, Albuquerque was chosen as the city and Thai Spice as the place. We've had good Thai food in ABQ before (Thai Cuisine II - not reviewed here), but we were looking for something a bit closer to our hotel (we stayed up north), and settled on Thai Spice based on the reviews. And those reviews were accurate. Thai Spice could be described as "bustling". A popular place, with both dine-in and to-go orders, the workers at Thai Spice were constantly on the move, and we arrived relatively early. As such, service was a bit slow, but not sure how they could have rectified that situation. The restaurant is open and spacious, and pleasant background music was provided for a serene setting despite the activity.

We started with a fried shrimp appetizer. A bit on the small size, but still very good. For dinner, I ordered my usual spicy basil chicken. They have larb salad on the menu, so I usually try for ground chicken in those situations. Add a fried egg? Yep. Thai hot? Yep. "Oh you like it Thai style don't you?" Yaay. I know I'm in the right place at that point. And it did not disappoint. I have to say, this is the most fried egg I've ever had on the basil chicken, but I'm not complaining. Everything was great. Mrs. RJG had the red curry and it came out in a huuuuge bowl. Intimidating at first, but the dish had no chance once she started devouring it. We both commented that we enjoyed the rice, perfectly cooked. No alcohol, so I indulged with my "dessert" drink of Thai Ice Coffee instead, which was excellent. Mrs. RJG stuck with water.

Easy recommendation for anyone looking for Thai food. Obviously Thai Spice is already well known to the locals. Might want to go early. And imagine, we were there on a Tuesday night. Friday must be insane.

9/19/21 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...