Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Rosa's Italian Ristorante ~ Visalia, California


(The Cristallo Family)
[Since 1962]
{Bar and Lounge}

Ya almost don’t need to even go in and order. You KNOW it’s gonna be epic! I did say, ‘almost’?!

Strangely, this was my second choice for premium wap-chow (ed: well... he is Rude Dante...) in a town named Visalia. How could I go wrong? (Choice #1, incidentally, was closed for a remodel the entire span of my visit).

Was here two times Aug-Sept 2021, and the second will have to be first. I came in seeking Penne di Maria, and it did not disappoint. But where are my manners. 

You have to sit at the bar in the back. Talk to the other patrons: Skip (owns the meat market that sells them steaks, bread, etc.) Tanya and Teddy (she orders for him). But I digress…


Dinner the last trip was Penne di Maria, a spicy red  sauce over penne with Italian sausage, bell peppers and (if you ask for it) extra garlic. Asked for salad with house (Italian) dressing, a couple beers and an old vine Zinfandel. The bread (gratis) was perfect for mopping up the sauce!


This after my first visit - 2 weeks prior - where they batted not an eye over my request for combo eggplant & chicken parm. Love this place!

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...