Thursday, May 9, 2024

L&L Hawaiian Barbecue ~ national chain : Colorado Springs, Colorado


Latest visit: May 2024 (Interquest)

First visit: Apr 2007 (Kihei, HI)

HQ: Honolulu, HI (founded: 1952)

Locations: There are 6 locations in Colorado, including two here and the other 4 in the Denver-Boulder metro. DFW houses locations in Plano and Arlington, but none in NE Tarrant. Wikipedia says over 200 total. I could count them on the website, but it would take awhile, so we'll go with this.

This is only my second visit to L&L, and as you can see, our first was in Maui. At that time Mrs. RJG and I were celebrating our 10th anniversary. And we just passed 27 years, so that's a long time ago. I'm not really sure why it's taken me so long to revisit, considering there's been one off of Powers since we moved here. Recently they opened up here in mega-chain valley, right near our house, so I decided it was high time I get over there.

It sits in a small strip center between Bonchon and Rush Bowls. That's three Asian themed restaurants in a row. The other anchor is Shipley Do-Nuts. That and Bonchon are in the RJG already, with Bonchon needing a revisit soon. Rush Bowls doesn't really look like our thing, but we'll keep an open mind. Maybe Mrs. RJG would go for it.

In any case, I parked up front, walked in and ordered at the counter. It's a large menu and I settled on their signature BBQ chicken with two sides of rice. I got a mini, which believe me, is more than enough unless you're really hungry. The chicken was delicious, moist and flavorful. The rice was cooked properly and they have the ever elusive Sriracha (Huy Fong) on the tables to douse it in. Not a cheap meal for fast food, but you do get full at least. They ask for an unearned tip (though I'll state the counter service was friendly). All the same, L&L goes into the rotation. I'd like to try other items on the menu too. I'll probably go more than once a year. Next time I'll grab it to-go. Those little recycled cardboard containers are not big enough for the meal, and I'd rather use real utensils. Besides I can enjoy some television and a soda at home. With a big ol' plate as well.

4/8/07; 5/9/24 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...