Sunday, August 13, 2023

Louie's Pizza ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


First visit: Aug 2023 (Briargate)

Locations: 5 - all in Colorado Springs

After all these years, I finally made it over to Louie's. This location existed even when I lived here close by in 1994 (version 1.0). But I never ventured in. Not sure why, though in those days I didn't care for reheated pizza as I hadn't mastered that art yet. I also wasn't aware that it offered dine-in with pizza by the slice. In any event, grabbed a large cheese pizza with Italian sausage and took it home. They offer cash discounts, so I took advantage of that. Much cheaper than the competition, so a good deal for those on a budget. Mrs. RJG air fried it a little bit to ensure crispness and a hot temperature. As soon as I bit into the crust I could tell this was conveyor-belt pizza rather than hand tossed. Of course I noticed that when walking in as well. And I can always use a little bit more sauce. Mrs. RJG was pleased though. We both liked the sausage and cheese. A solid option in town, but not the Springs' best.

8/13/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...