Saturday, August 12, 2023

The Yankee Girl Ice Cream Shop ~ Ouray, Colorado


First visit: Aug 2023

If there's a more beautiful drive in the country than going south into Ouray, I've not experienced it myself. We've been to Ouray twice prior, both times going north from Durango (also stunning). Even though we stuffed ourselves at lunch, we decided that ice cream was in order for a dessert. The old rationalization that we're on vacation, ya know?

I got the Sea Salt Caramel Espresso ice cream. I mean, seriously, there can't be a better flavor combo for Mr. RJG at this stage of my life. Asked for one scoop in a waffle cone. I'm pretty sure I got 2 scoops, as did Mrs. RJG (I forget what she got now). Delicious and creamy, probably the best ice cream we've had in ages, besting even Josh and John's for my current palate. We walked around the entire town while licking the ice cream. With plenty of envious stares from passers by, some inquiring where did we get such a concoction of goodness.

I think the ice cream shop is related to the The Yankee Girl Restaurant on the south end of town. This restaurant appears to have replaced the Red Mountain Brewery that we went to the last time we were in Ouray (2018, almost 5 years to the day). As for the origin of the ice cream, this remains a mystery. They don't make it onsite. The young man behind the counter stated "I think it's from Arizona". So there you have it.

8/9/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...