Tuesday, January 22, 2013

In-N-Out Burger, Hamburgers, Hurst-TX

Last visit: July 2014

Rating: Buy

Other NE Tarrant location: Grapevine; Fort Worth (North Tarrant - coming soon)

DFW locations: 19


Other Texas locations: Austin / Killeen (4)

Total locations: 294 (218 in California alone). Other states include Nevada, Arizona, and Utah


January 2014 update: Well, as indicated below, our local In-N-Out Burger is going like gangbusters. So for all the naysayers out there - ain't a no one a listenin' to yo gripin'. Not many places still serve filling meals, with fresh ingredients, for under $6. I try to frequent the local Hurst location about once a month. I should go to the new Grapevine locale at least once, just as a matter of course. But if I'm already over there, it's hard for me not to go to Grimaldi's or Peace Burger. Oh, as an aside, can you believe this post is the most popular on the RJG? Yea, I have no idea why either. Must be tied to some newsfeed.

Original review

I wanted to get a new entry here for In-N-Out.  We had previously written about them, after a visit to the Prescott, Arizona location. I'll leave that post up for the one person who's interested in the RJG's history of eating at In-N-Out in California (and Arizona obviously). And the below review was written for one of the Roundups I penned last summer. I've transferred it here.

So after much hoopla, In-N-Out has finally arrived to NE Tarrant. I waited. I didn't cheat and go to one in Irving or Richardson. We've been featuring the restaurant long before Texas was even a gleam in their eye. We laughed at the false announcement on NBC 5 a few years ago. And on our Whataburger review, we predicted that folks from Texas were going to protect their goofy little brother and attack this "unwanted" California chain. They can take their fancy fruits' and nuts' asses out of here! And bring Del Taco with ya, you ingrates! And as sure as the sun comes up every morning, it came to pass. Look at this! Be sure to read the comments. My goodness, how silly.  As if eating at different burger places is mutually exclusive and one cannot possibly enjoy all of the above. In-N-Out Burger knows exactly what they're doing. These folks can scream to high heavens and suggest they're not going to make it here and be out of business in mere weeks. No way guys. As someone who watched them succeed in none other than the Bay Area (a polar opposite culture to Los Angeles), I'm rather certain they'll do fine in a burger culture like DFW. In-N-Out is a Southern California type place, so for me to see lines around the building for years and years at various San Francisco area locations proves to me that folks like a good tasting burger at a great price. It's a simple pleasure. It doesn't have to be the best ever to be good. Why does everything in our culture now have to rule or suck? Where's the middle ground? We've become Bevis and Butthead in our opinions. I'm just grateful they're here and I can go anytime I want. It sure beats having to wait until I travel out West!

Website

For Urbanspoon purposes, we'll include the NE Tarrant location of Hurst that we go to. If that changes, we'll add other locations. I think they've been eyeballing Grapevine (ed: eyeballing complete apparently), but for us, it's probably easier to get to Hurst.

In-N-Out Burger on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Francis Shivone said...

I like them. I like the company. I like the inefficiencies. And it's a pretty damn good burger meal for $5 or so.

Agree on the comment on things having to be one extreme or the other. There is a place for the middle.

And I agree that in 10 years they still will be going strong in DFW.

Jim Conant said...

I have been eating In-N-Out in California since before 1969 and still eating them here in Hurst, Texas. They always been the best, always fresh and made the same way. Today I eat protein burgers exclusively (wrapped in lettuce . . . Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm
July 4, 2013