Monday, December 4, 2023

Sapo Guapo ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


Food truck

First visit: Dec 2023

It's time for the Colorado Springs Record Show, and for this show I ran one table full of my goodies. Did very well and it's always great to meet fellow music and vinyl enthusiasts. For lunch I had presumed it was going to be Dr. Taco, since this is where I first tried his tacos, and we've visited him a few times since at various breweries (as noted here on the blog). But he was apparently booked so the showrunner obtained Sapo Guapo, who is new to me. Cool - trying something new then.

The Handsome Frog wasn't busy by the time I wiggled free, and I ordered two tacos each for myself and my seller neighbor JL. They're fancy and offer a buzzer, so I could get back to work while I awaited for our tacos to be ready. A few minutes later I retrieved my meal. Didn't ask for salsas, but tacos are messy enough, and I'm dealing with rare records so I don't need more liquids. The tortillas are pretty much served as is, right out of the bag. The chicken was very filling but a bit tough. Good flavor though. The asada was better, though it tasted more like a ground beef recipe. These were good, not great. Super nice folks though. I'll probably give them another shot if I see them around, but the consensus among the dealers that I'm friendly with is that Dr. Taco is more preferable.

12/2/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...