Saturday, December 16, 2023

Pho-N-Thai ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


Last visit: Dec 2023

First visit: Aug 2019

Mrs. RJG has been hankering for Thai food and she wanted to go back to Pho-N-Thai, a place we visited once before the pandemic. We thought it was good then, but neither of us remember much about it. I'm not usually fond of Thai restaurants that also specialize in other Asian cuisines, in this case Vietnamese. We also haven't really been anywhere since I returned from DC, and it's time for a lunch date.

When you walk in, you'll order at the counter, so it's almost like a fast food place. But you can customize your dish like at a restaurant.. I ordered my usual basil chicken and they customized it with minced chicken, no zucchini, add a fried egg, and Thai Hot. Mrs. RJG went Vietnamese with a rice noodle bowl and flank steak.

There's a regional type of cooking from Thailand that I don't care for much, and Pho-N-Thai cooks in that style. The sauce is almost red, not the familiar brown that I'm used to. My meal was heavy on yellow bell peppers and onions, with the reddish sauce. The chicken and fried egg were good, and the spice level was hot, not Thai hot. I ate most of it, except all the peppers and onions. It was good, but not really for me. Especially after being reminded how great Thai food can be at Baramee in Kansas City. Mrs. RJG enjoyed hers more I think, since it was a simpler dish. I had a few pieces of the flank steak. Slightly sweet as expected and a little tough, but still chewable.

The restaurant is very spacious and bright with natural light. Ceramic tile floors ensures a non-cozy experience. Service was friendly. There are better Thai restaurants in Colorado Springs, so we'll leave off Pho-N-Thai from the RJG rotation.

8/25/19; 12/16/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...