Saturday, December 9, 2023

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse ~ national chain : McLean, Virginia


First visit: Dec 2023 (Marriott Courtyard)

HQ: Tampa, FL

Locations: They are located in 25 states across the nation. Denver has one as does Plano in DFW.

I seem to recall seeing the name Flemings in one of those "Best Steakhouses in America" advertisements you'd see in the airplane magazines. Remember those? They used to be in the front pouch of your seat. Old times, eh Uncle RJG? I don't recall ever eating at Flemings prior. It's been forever and a day since I ate at a high end steakhouse like this for business. I think it was Ruth Chris in (ironically) also in Tysons, Virginia, almost exactly seven years ago when I first started at the global education company (where most of my Baltimore restaurant experience comes from as documented here in the RJG). We arrived way later than my normal din-din time, but I was mentally prepared. It was a short walk to the neighboring Courtyard, where most of my peers were staying. Service was unfortunately painfully slow, so it was probably 10 by the time we ate. That's going to take a week of running to work out of my system. Their beer list was pitiful (shame for a high end restaurant) so I stuck our company with two high priced glasses of red wine as did some of my counterparts. I had a Caesar salad and a regular 11 ounce Filet. The Caesar was great - perfectly executed with the right mix of ingredients. I ordered my steak medium. Some of it was well done, other parts were medium rare. It wasn't evenly cooked. I thought it was very good anyway. Though Mrs. RJG would have despised it, which is one reason we never go to high end steakhouses. As I stated in my Ocean Prime entry, these places have to do better. They want to be at the highest price, and yet they deliver service and food below what I can get at a bistro in Great Bend, Kansas (see Page restaurant). I didn't pay for it out of my own pocket (does anyone?), and yes I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't go on my own. No chance.

12/4/23 (new entry)

Tysons, Virginia

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...