Saturday, December 9, 2023

Dogwood Tavern ~ Falls Church, Virginia


First visit: Dec 2023

I took the next day off to look for records in the Northern Virginia suburbs. I was informed by the stores in DC that I could spend all day at the CD Cellar so with that in mind I decided to eat lunch first, and let's see what is nearby. Well look at this, Dogwood Tavern is my kind of place and they essentially share a parking lot with the record store. They have an excellent selection of local craft beers and their menu looked perfect. Sat at the long bar on the right side of the restaurant (as you walk in) and ordered my first beer. I originally had intended to have a hamburger but while perusing the menu, they have a monthly special of a Cuban. Well that's a no brainer. A few minutes later out came my delicious sandwich. Crispy bread, hot temperature, all pickley and mustardy. Perfect. Of course I took the option for tater tots just like the night before. These were much better than ChurchKey's variety. Grabbed another beer during lunch, which set the perfect tone for a full day of crate digging. 

The tip I received was spot on, and I spent the next 4+ hours going through their massive selection, all priced very fairly (not cheap but fair). A perfect afternoon.

12/4/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...