Sunday, October 8, 2023

Yard House ~ regional chain : Kansas City, Missouri


First visit: Oct 2023 (Kansas City, Missouri)

Locations: Another one of those stupid chains that insists you can only know about your local restaurant. No way we will allow research! I had to use Google Maps. It appears they're in the following states: California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado (Denver area only), Texas (closest for us would have been Las Colinas), Minnesota, Kansas, and Missouri.

For avid readers of the RJG (which don't exist, but allow me to be delusional), you may recall I was in Vegas for a business convention back in early March. Our company rented a block of venues, which included Yard House. Perfect, I thought! I'll just plop myself down at the bar and try as many local beers as I can. Except they only allowed their Yard House branded beers. Which are mainly Stone and other well known brands that I've already had. Dammit. I'm not wasting belly space on that. Thus I ended up bowling with the German team at Brooklyn Bowl...

It was Sunday night, and after Anthony's, we were ready to enjoy a beer or three. After all, we just have to walk back to our condo. And we're in downtown, so the options should be endless. I had visions of Baltimore... Only one problem. The Chiefs were playing on Sunday Night Football so the bars were packed. On top of that Bob Dylan was playing live. Bob Dylan? Holy Crap. My old man saw Dylan in Greenwich Village in 1961, years before I was born. Well he's 82 and still going. Good for him. He has a loyal cult following and they were out in droves. I can't stand his music myself. Played some for Mrs. RJG. "Why would anyone like that?". Good question.

So after getting shut out at a couple of places, we entered into the Yard House expecting similar. But it's a huge place and we were able to secure a couple of bar stools. Excellent. Now I can try local beers since I'm paying for it. And we did just that. We also came back the next night for more. The food, BTW, looked excellent and we certainly entertained the idea of dining here. But there's just too many other options for our short trip. Though I enjoyed our two visits, I could tell that I was going to run out of new beers quick. They mostly serve national and international well known brands and I suspect the local rotation is pretty static as well. This is no Max's Taphouse (Baltimore) that's for sure. But for tourists like us, it sufficed. For two nights that is...

10/2/23 (new entry)

Kansas City

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...