Sunday, October 8, 2023

Smoke Brewing ~ Lee's Summit, Missouri


First visit: Oct 2023

After finishing up in Independence, where Mrs. RJG scored her biggest find, it was time for din-din. We both wanted some Kansas City BBQ, and I wanted to try a brewpub. I wonder if they have both in the same venue? It turns out they do, two I found in fact. And Lee's Summit was only about 15 minutes south of where we were. Let's go there...

Smoke Brewing anchors a strip center and is quite large inside. Maybe a bit too bright for dinner, but not too bad. We went for the Beef 3.0 Plate and the Competition Ribs. My voice notes stated that the sliced brisket was excellent as were the pork ribs. The shredded brisket was decent and the burnt ends were too tough. The barbecue sauce was OK, a bit on the sweet side. I went for the mac n cheese on the side. It was great at first but gummed up towards the end as it wasn't hot enough (typical). I also had the mashed potatoes, which I was enjoying until Mrs. RJG said they tasted rancid to her, so I put those aside lol. She had the cheese corn and the baked beans and she liked both. The Texas Toast was also excellent. And the beers were also delicious. Final verdict? Very good, but certainly have had better BBQ. Probably wouldn't go back on a visit, but if we lived there, it would certainly be part of a yearly rotation.

After this we headed back to our downtown condo and wandered over to the Yard House to complete the day.

10/2/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...