Monday, October 9, 2023

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery ~ national chain : Great Bend, Kansas


First visit: Oct 2023 (Great Bend, KS)

Locations: 32 states (mostly only a few locations each) but not Texas. 3 in Colorado including one here in the Springs.

I've never had any desire to go to a Perkins. It looked to me like many other generic breakfast houses such as Dennys, IHOP, and Village Inn. There was one in Denver (Aurora actually) not too far from my apartment in the mid 90s, but never once did I think to go there. That location looks to be closed. But there is one here in the Springs if I get a hankering to go back.

So why did we go here? Well... if you read the Page review prior you'll have noted it's right across the parking lot from our Best Western. But that still wouldn't compel me to go. But as part of the stay, Best Western pays for your breakfast at Perkins. Well then, now I'm interested. It's a limited menu of course, but that's OK, we usually eat light for breakfast anyway.

Everything I thought Perkins was going to be - it was. Which is fine really. I had one fried egg, two pieces of bacon, and two pancakes. And an orange juice - straight from the machine. Mrs. RJG really liked their fried potatoes. Nothing spectacular, but we've had far worse. Hmmm, maybe we will go to that Springs location some day after all.

Perkins started in Cincinnati and later relocated to Minnesota. Today they are part of a corporation based in Atlanta. They seem to thrive most in the upper Midwest and Florida.

10/5/23 (new entry)

Great Bend, Kansas

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...