Friday, October 13, 2023

Hilltop Tap House ~ Parker, Colorado


First visit: Oct 2023

It's time for the 6 month dental checkup. So off to our former homestead of Parker. It's been three years since I had any kind of freedom around my appointment. Whether it's been my job situation, last minute changes to my appointment schedule, or the pandemic, I've been on non-RJG like missions when in Parker. But finally all those matters have been settled and I can enjoy a nice meal after the appointment. I usually have flexibilty on Friday's (not always though).

Nearby is Hilltop Tap House, which reads on paper like my kind of place. Seems to me they should have named it Hilltap House doncha think? Right away disappointment ensued as their beer list was a fairly perfunctory "macro craft" selection. It would be great if they'd have a selection of local microbreweries to go with the usual Colorado and BMC staples. OK, I found one new beer (to me) from Tivoli to quaff.

What about the meal? I was excited to try their Chicken Parm sandwich, since we had great success with similar in Kansas and Missouri. No such luck here, though it certainly was good. It was more like a fried chicken sandwich with a slice of cheese and a little bit of jarred (guessing) tomato sauce. Not a specialty item for sure - it was the needful. Seasoned fries were good. 

Excellent ambience for sports fans - I counted ~25 big flat screens. I'm sure the place is hopping on Friday and Saturday nights. Being there for lunch, it wasn't so exciting and the staff just chitchatted with themselves rather than focus on the customers. Can't blame them really. No complaints overall. All good, but don't see a compelling reason to storm back here. We'll see what will be in store for me six months from now.

10/13/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...