Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Drifter's Hamburgers ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


First visit: Oct 2023

I've had Drifter's circled as a place to go since we arrived back to Colorado Springs over five years ago. But it wasn't until after the pandemic I finally made the effort to go here. Each time, they said the dining room was closed because they can't find employees and other such nonsense. The last thing I want to do after the pandemic is eat in my car. It reminds me of those bad times. So I would press on to the backup plan. 


OK, let's go over again for a 4th time. Google Maps says they're open for Dine-In. They said that the last time, and I reported that wasn't true. But maybe it's changed. Get there - and - only open for drive through. Bottom line is Drifter's is full of crap. They can get employees they just don't want to pay the extra money to maintain their dining room. They don't really make that excuse anymore, but apologize all the same. If they were just honest and said that "we are a drive through only restaurant" then I would accept that. After all, they can do whatever they want, just be honest with your customers so you don't waste our time. I reported it again to Google, but they haven't made the adjustment. Insanity.

In any case, I wanted to complete my diligence here and try Drifter's. The drive-thru was reasonably efficient even with the longish line, and I enjoyed my meal parked under a nearby tree. It felt so 2020. But what of that meal? My voice text stated: Had the cheeseburger meal deal. Very good burger though it was clear I probably should have ordered a double to fill me. Bun was good, toasted, lettuce, special sauce (usual variation of Thousand Island Dressing). On the flip side, you get a lot of fries with this deal. More than I could eat. They were hot, but not superbly so, nor crispy enough - a little bit chewy I guess. Overall it was good, but I'm not seeing a major reason to come back. Perhaps if they open the dining room again, I'll make an exception.

10/7/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...