Monday, October 9, 2023

Andy's Frozen Custard ~ regional chain : Overland Park, Kansas


Latest visit: Oct 2023 (Overland Park, Kansas)

First visit: Jan 2018 (North Richland Hills, Texas)

Locations: 85 in 14 states. There are 4 in the Denver area and many in Texas. NE Tarrant now has 4 locations alone, including the NRH store that we went to. They also opened up in our former town of Keller.

Oh for crying out, for certain I wrote about Andy's before didn't I? Ugh - nope. Like with Planet Sub, we caught Andy's at the tail end of our DFW experience. This review will be simple. Andy's stock in trade is frozen custard, similar to Freddy's, Sheridan's, Ted Drewes, etc... We're in their home market, so they are ubiquitous throughout the city. It's like chili parlors in Cincinnati, once you leave the area, you cannot find them. Or so it seems. It appears they've expanded greatly in the last few years. It's a simple business model and a popular one.

We each had a small vanilla and chocolate (mixed) custard. I added espresso sauce and Mrs. RJG went with caramel. A perfect midday snack. Though I added to my voice text: "We are now both big and fat" lol.

I really enjoy their mid century building designs, recalling our recent experience with P. Terry's in Austin.

Though they have locations in Denver, I never take the time to go to one (and haven't randomly seen them either). Usually because I have a packed schedule when there. But I will make an effort in the coming years. Though ideally they'd just open up here in the Springs. Not sure why they haven't. There really isn't any competition here other than Freddy's, which is more known for their burgers.

1/19/18; 10/3/23 (new entry)

North Richland Hills, Texas; Overland Park, Kansas

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...