Thursday, June 22, 2023

Three Sister's Tavern and Grill ~ Colorado City, Colorado


First visit: Jun 2023

Now comes the Juneteenth holiday, and this is my first time to be able to take advantage of the 3 day weekend. Last year, as noted recently, I was still in the process of looking for work. Mrs. RJG suggested we take a quick overnight road trip. She never does that! I proceeded to offer up a drive through southern Colorado. It was impromptu, but we had the freedom to do so.

Our first stop was a place that I say every time we pass through it - we should go here! But it's never convenient. On this morning, we made it the destination for breakfast. Not only the small towns of Colorado City and Rye, but specifically Three Sister's Tavern, which is considered one of the best restaurants in the Pueblo region.

If you didn't know any better, the restaurant seems more like it's in Texas than Colorado. Pretty ladies in tight jeans with cowgirl hats waitressing the tables, country music is blaring, and the dark wood paneling reminded us of Hoffbrau's Steakhouse in DFW. The restaurant is eclectic and serves breakfast through dinner. As such you have what looks like a happening bar, though not going to be hopping in the morning when we were there (well maybe a couple of guys...). I was still in the mood for an American breakfast, and I had the Three Sisters Egg Breakfast. The bacon was chewy, but tasty - and the rest was fairly bland. The eggs didn't have flavor, and the maple syrup came from plastic containers. I had to ask for a side of green chile just to alter the flavor profile a bit. Mrs. RJG had similar, and thought worse of it than I did. I like the vibe of this place, and will have to try for lunch or dinner sometime, but breakfast isn't worth the stop.

6/18/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...