Thursday, June 22, 2023

Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery ~ Colorado chain : Boulder


First visit: Jun 2023 (Boulder)

I wisely planned to take a day off after the meetings, knowing full well the final night would be designated for partying, and all of my predictions came true. I'm an old wet blanket anymore, and usually dead asleep by 9 in the evening. But I knew full well I wouldn't be afforded that opportunity, so I just nursed my last glass of red wine for hours until we could get back to the hotel. But at least I didn't have to get up for anything! After a good night's sleep, I grabbed a Starbucks from the lobby and headed back. The original plan was to run a local trail and sweat out some toxins, when I realized I forgot my running shoes. Nice work dummy! Oh well.

For this visit, I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard, which are normally pretty boring. The first morning I couldn't appreciate it, but now that I have a full day to myself, I realized they have a patio and a balcony. You just don't see that too much anymore. So I went outside on this beautiful cool and sunny June morning and viewed the courtyard with huge pine trees, while sipping my coffee. So peaceful and nice. I need more of that.

My main plan for this day was to look for records in Boulder, since I never go there separately. And I did just that with moderate success. For lunch, I decided on Mountain Sun, one of the oldest brewpubs in Colorado - going back to when Boulder Beer and microbreweries were still a new concept. For whatever reason, I'd never been here before. 

I sat down at the booth and was quickly warned they are "cash only" so that they can "pay their workers a decent wage". I'm getting pretty tired of these excuses from restaurants. Figure out your business plan, but don't make me solve them for you. Whatever the case, I always have cash with me because of the record hobby business. No problem. From there, it was all aces. The beer I had was delicious and the cheeseburger was even better. I'll definitely make an effort to visit one of their pubs in the future. Bring a lot of cash though if going with more than just yourself!

As of this writing, Mountain Sun operates 3 locations in Boulder, one in Longmont, and one in Denver.

This ends the Boulder business trip - not too bad on the whole, though it could have been better.

6/22/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...