Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Scotty's Bistro & Pub ~ Coleman, Texas


First visit: May 2023

It was already a long day when we could see the storms brewing to the south. Right where we were going. We need to stop for dinner. It was late but we were both hungry, though the Taco Villa snack helped immensely. It was getting dark as well. We better pull over in the next town. And that was Coleman, a very typical west Texas charming village with old buildings that seemed to be barely hanging on. I've never been here myself, but I've been to plenty of small towns in Texas like this. Tucked away in an unassuming structure is Scotty's. Since JL was doing the driving I was ready for a couple of beers and a good meal.

Scotty's is a very unusual place for such a small town. Their theme is heavy on Star Wars and aliens. And we were there on May The Forth Be With You day, so it was their big day as it were. The bathroom alone is funky enough just to stop and see. Well the taps weren't impressive but at least they had Real Ale, something I haven't had in 5 years since we left. It was their Axis IPA which packs a punch, so only one for me in case I need to take the wheel.

I ordered the spicy chicken sandwich with fries. Good stuff here. Thick breast with heavy seasoning, but not overly spicy. JL had a big ol' burger that he loved. Washed it down with iced tea.

Neat little place in middle-of-nowhere west Texas. Worth a visit if in town or passing through.

5/10/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...