Sunday, May 21, 2023

Reverence Brewing ~ Denver, Colorado


E. 17th Ave. @ Franklin St.

First visit: May 2023

I continued to dig at two more shops after lunch, and now I've built up a thirst. There are a lot of breweries in this area of town, but I don't want to go to any of the major ones that I can easily get back home. Reverence Brewing - there's a completely new name to me. Let's go there. Finding parking is always a challenge in the old parts of Denver, so I finally found a quiet side street. A pleasant 7 minute walk and I arrive at my destination. The walk itself is enlightening. Many very old homes have been lovingly restored or rebuilt tastefully. And other structures are completely abandoned and destroyed. One wonders how they haven't been repossessed, but I'm sure these government matters aren't easy. The sidewalks are in terrible condition, and one has to be careful not to injure yourself.

Once inside, a welcoming environment awaits. Many folks enjoyed the outdoors though the air quality was horrible on this day due to the wildfires in Canada (yes, Canada). I went inside and grabbed a barstool. Of course I choose a spot where a leaky vent suddenly appeared. Fortunately it didn't get in my beer. I like this brewery because they offer items I don't get much like an Extra Special Bitter and a Doppelbock. I had a 10 ounce of the first (it's not a strong beer) and only 4 ounces of the latter (and it is a strong beer), as I still had plenty to do that day. They were both excellent. Good place, good vibes. Denver houses all of these neat neighborhood places. For those who enjoy the city life, they are an essential part of the culture. Mrs. RJG and I prefer more space, but it's fun to go once in a while.

5/21/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...