Monday, May 15, 2023

Red Leg Brewing ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


Latest visit: May 2023

First visit: Jan 2019

It's been 4 years since I last visited Red Leg Brewing and much has changed since the pandemic. They moved to a larger newly built facility at the western edge of Garden of the Gods Road. Not only is the brewery itself big and spacious, but they also added what looks like a school campus. There are multiple permanent small buildings that serve as food options, while they have a turf area for the kids (or adults I suppose) to play on. The restaurant setup is like an outdoor version of what Bristol did with the Ivywild School, but with a much nicer environment. Immobile food trucks as it were. Ideal since food trucks are notorious for being unreliable, this ensures everyone will have options to eat while imbibing. 

At first it seems they didn't build enough parking spaces, but there's plenty in the back as you wind around the road. Walk into the gated area and you can place your food order at any one of the four primary options (currently hamburgers, deli, seafood, and pizza). There's also dessert and cocktail vendors. Or you can go straight to the brewery and order food at your leisure. Once in the brewery, you order at the counter versus going to the bartender. All the beers are listed on each side of the bar at the top. So I wandered around before ordering. Red Leg cans their flagship beers and are readily available in town, so I was more interested in something limited (listed in the Bier Reise). After that I took my beer over to the deli option (covered separately here in the RJG), received their mini flashing coaster and returned to the bar. I could have also sat outside on any number of the park benches. Once my buzzer went off, I headed on over, grabbed my sandwich and waltzed back. All short walks. Neat little setup. A good brewery to bring families as well, since it's more of a destination than a watering hole. They placed themselves in an ideal nature setting. On my way out, I grabbed a cookie from the dessert vendor...

1/26/19; 5/15/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...