Wednesday, May 10, 2023

P. Terry's Burger Stand ~ Texas chain : Austin


First visit: May 2023 (Austin - Barton Springs Rd.)

Locations: 30 in Austin + 5 in San Antonio (metro areas).

Final day of the show has arrived. We knew it was going to be much slower, which gave us even more options for lunch. JL wanted Sandy's again but I was interested in trying something new. At our table someone recommended P. Terry's. Oh I remember - this is the cool looking place we saw coming into Austin! You think Lucy's might have a cool look, P. Terry's beats them all. Their use of space age Googie architecture hasn't been seen since the glory days of 1960s Los Angeles. I sit in awe. If I were to start a fast food chain, this is exactly how I would do it.

As it turns out, not only was P. Terry's within walking distance, but this is their very first location - opened in 2005! I wandered over (further than Sandy's but not too bad). This time we added a chocolate shake to our order. Because you know, we've been eating so healthy, we deserved it! haha.

Brought it back. I loved it. JL did enjoy his, but he said it had a flavor that reminded him of In-N-Out and he doesn't like that chain. Well - he's precisely spot on. In-N-Out is exactly what I thought of too. Which is why I probably thought it was great. And the milkshake was definitely better than In-N-Out.

To me, this would be a destination place when in Austin or San Antonio. Perfect lunch spot. They should expand further. I highly encourage you go to their website and check out the architecture. Look at #11 Capital Plaza as but one incredible example. 

5/10/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...