Thursday, May 11, 2023

Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy Store ~ regional chain : Plainview, Texas


First visit: May 2023 (Plainview, Texas)

Well, believe it or not, I've never been to a Braum's before. Part of that was a story a guy told me in church during the 80s that probably wasn't even true. I'm not going to get into the details, but it was an image that turned me off of Braum's. I really should have made an effort to go here at least once while living in NE Tarrant. But... I didn't.

JL had no such history, and when I suggested an ice cream dessert, he said "what about that place we saw coming down?". Ah yes, Braum's. Sure - why not? This is a large new building, and we proceeded to head straight to the ice cream counter (separate from the food section). I had two scoops of the Cappuccino Chocolate and he had a milkshake of some sort. And a large french fry order. This guy... Anyway, it was very - very good. Creamy and tasty. Best ice cream I've had in some time (that wasn't technically gelato). I want to go back and try their hamburgers at some point. Which should be easy to do if ever driving east. That's because...

Based near Oklahoma City, Braum's operates over 300 locations in Oklahoma and 4 surrounding states including Texas, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas. They have a hard rule that no location can be outside of a 300 mile radius to their farm in Tuttle, Oklahoma. I said no way that's true, as Plainview must be further than that! Sure enough, Plainview is 288 miles away. Haha - that was close though. They started in 1968. I remember when you could first buy their ice cream in Dallas. That was a big deal when I was in high school.

And this was our final eating stop of the trip. We got to his house in Widefield around 7, and I was home to Mrs. RJG in the northern part of the Springs at 7:30. What a long, but exhilarating excursion. Everything went according to plan. And we made a lot of money doing it. Plus I came home with a pile of records for the collection. Or my next sale...

5/11/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...