Saturday, December 3, 2022

Claire's at the Museum ~ Long Beach, California


Inside the Long Beach Museum of Art

Lady Music, her sweet momma, and I decided to visit a very nice ocean front cafe. This upscale restaurant is part of the Long Beach Museum. Lady Music has been there before and had been wanting to take me. We sat outside on their elegant, covered patio. The seating was comfy with perfect 70 degree weather and a clear view of the rolling waves from the ocean, the beach, and Queen Mary!

Although the menu was small, there were plenty of items I wanted to try. I had been considering the salmon BLT or breakfast burrito, but when Lady Music called out the beet salad with grilled salmon and read it, my choice was made! It was a very generous portion of salmon and salad with a pile of golden and red beets tossed with pistachios, candied pecans, goat cheese and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. I got sliced almonds in lieu of candies pecans; it was yummy. The salmon had a great crispy crunch on the outside but ever so tender and moist in the middle. The flavor was perfect! A little light seasoning on the outside and so fresh! It may have been the most delicious cooked salmon I ever had! Lady Music Sr noted the lemon, blueberry pancakes and we decided to split a stack 3 way. Oh boy, they were fluffy and lemony and amazing. Topped with blueberries, blueberry compote and fresh whipped cream, they were a perfect treat! We all loved them. The service was beyond exemplary! The cost was very reasonable. I will definitely return!

- Mr. Music review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...