Sunday, August 28, 2022

LowDown Brewery + Kitchen ~ Denver, Colorado ***CLOSED***


Closed Sep 2023

First visit: Aug 2022

Oops - got a bit out of order here. Already forgetting the breweries! On the Illegal Pete's post I mentioned going to the record show. To be honest, it was very disappointing, after having great success at the last 3 shows (there are two different conventions in Denver - though they feature a lot of the same dealers). Everyone wants too much money for their LPs. Come to the Colorado Springs bi-annual show and the RJG's tables is where it's at - and we sell at fair prices! OK, advertisement over.

In any case, I was very thirsty and was tempted to get a beer at the show. Great Divide were one of the sponsors and they are one of my favorite brewers in the state. But I wanted to try something more local. We get Great Divide at home. Heck, I first tried them in Texas before our state even had more than 10 microbreweries. When you're in Denver, you can pretty much throw a rock in any direction and hit a brewery. Maybe even 2 if you get a good ricochet. Especially in this part of Denver, which is known as Capitol Hill. This is your Little Amsterdam if you get the reference. Trendy bars, pot shops, vegetarian restaurants, expensive loft apartments, tattoo parlors, Antifa, clothiers, etc... are all over the place. And even a couple of my favorite record stores too. Lots of wasted youth as it was known in the 80s. It's the edgy side of trendy. Which is where art flourishes. And so do the brewers. Perfect for the RJG when traveling about. Wouldn't want to live here, but it's fun to visit.

LowDown has the look and feel of the neighborhood. Old warehouse styled expansive open setup. I walked in and looked completely out of place (I'm used to that... the only person there without tattoos as but one example). Was pretty much ignored until I shoved my way to the bar. Everyone was nice really (which is usually the case), just in a different orbit. They have a large selection of beers. Normally I enjoy sitting at the bar, chatting it up with the bartender or the neighboring stools. But it was clear on this day that I probably would be more comfortable sitting at an isolated table by the window watching the human circus outside. The beers were delicious as expected. What came out of the kitchen looked good too. At some point, I'll have to eat here - perhaps the next show if they choose the same venue. Not for Mrs. RJG though, that's for sure.

8/28/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...