Friday, March 2, 2018

Industry Public House ~ Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania


First visit: Mar 2018 (Andrew Dr.)

They have another location in the Lawrenceville neighborhood in central Pittsburgh.

Now this one comes with an interesting story. I was in Baltimore for business, as I often was back then, and was ready to head to the airport on Friday late morning. But there was a problem. The area was experiencing ridiculously high winds, and all flights along the eastern seaboard were cancelled until Sunday. Now normally I would have just stayed the weekend in Baltimore on the company dime. However one of our official nieces (who incidentally is getting married in the San Diego area next weekend - look for new posts then, depending on where we go!) - was visiting us back in DFW from Denver. Not that we knew it then, but that was also our last month in NE Tarrant ourselves. So I really wanted to get home. The best option was for me to rent a car and drive to Pittsburgh, and then catch the first flight home on Saturday morning. So that's what I did. The first part of the drive was brutal, as the winds had my rental pushing me in various lanes. I was like a race car driver. Two stiff hands on the wheel, ready for anything and everything. Eventually as I got to the mountainous areas, the winds calmed down, and there was just a light breeze in Pittsburgh. 

Of course I stayed at an airport hotel, given my situation. I arrived around dinner time, so now what to eat. I was starving and thirsty. And what popped up nearby - Industry Public House. I mean it could not have been a more perfect place. Now remember it's Friday night, and these places tend to be mobbed. And sure enough, it most certainly was. The best part of being alone is that you can usually find a bar stool. And I did - only one left, but it was in the perfect spot. Completely on the end against the wall. So it was miraculously peaceful among the frenzied party atmosphere. It was easy for me to find craft beers that I hadn't tried, since I haven't spent too much time in Pennsylvania. For dinner I had one of their burgers and it was delicious. I'm pretty sure fries came with it, but I don't remember now. A great ending to a most chaotic day. Would love to return in more normal circumstances.

3/2/18 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...