Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Neko ~ Pinehurst, North Carolina


Looks like Rude Dante had a couple of more in the drawer. Take it away Rude!

---

70 Market Square, Pinehurst, NC 28374

Went here on a Sunday night when a number of restaurants were down. My expectations on either sushi or Thai cuisine in NC are not all that high, but was pleasantly surprised by what I found. Good choices for sushi or sashimi. For starters, I opted for a couple pieces each of yellow-tail and tuna sashimi washed down by a couple cold Japanese beers (like every place I've been since COVID, only small bottles). For dinner I asked my server, a classic somewhat older woman of uncertain East Asian descent (would guess Chinese, but never good at this game) for recommendations. She suggested the Pad Kee Mao, which I ordered with shrimp. In hindsight, I never specified a spice level. It came out with a nice flavor and spice level, good shrimp, various veggies, wide noodles and a nice brown pepper sauce. Initially I thought I would take half home with me, but it was so good I ordered another beer and finished the whole dish. Also saw lots of people ordering take-out and stopping for a beer while waiting for their order (one of my favorite tricks with any Asian joint). Very solid establishment, and heard good reports from other locals that they also like this place.

- Rude Dante

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...