Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Lisi Italian ~ Pinehurst, North Carolina


90 Cherokee Rd #1c, Pinehurst, NC 28374

My expectations of finding a mom-and-pop Italian joint are generally low when it comes to touristy places like Pinehurst. Lisi was a pleasant surprise - even if because it was the only place open that I could get into on a Monday night (surprisingly, they are open every day except Sunday - dinner only). As is my want, I asked the waitress for a recommendation among 3 items on the menu. We only got as far as the first, "Tortellini e Gamberetti". She replied, "That's my favorite" - and I'll not remember what the other 2 items were. Even though we are a ways from the coast, shrimp is still pretty good in most of NC. Sauce was tasty but not very spicy (something I quickly corrected with some crushed reds). A glass of chianti, some tasty bread & butter, all in all a pretty good meal - anywhere one might find it. I almost went back the next night, but I had another place on my list to visit.

- Rude Dante

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...