Monday, April 5, 2021

Hadley Fruit Orchards ~ Cabazon, California


When I was a youngster growing up in Southern California, my Dad was the original foodie! He talked about food all day long just like we do! One thing he used to always have on his mind was a date shake from Hadley's! He took us to the desert for the date festival once and we finally got to try that elusive shake! I don't think I really appreciated the shake since I was only about 8 years old; of course what kid doesn't love a sweet milkshake but I don't think I realized the flavor of the dates. But my father left me with a wonderful memory. When we passed it on a recent trip, my eyes lit up! I had to have one!

I didn't order anything else but they serve burgers and sandwiches, fries, onion rings and stuff. Looked good! If you like dates, the date shake is to die for! Dense with bits and pieces of the sugary treat, the shake was rich, creamy and so delicious! I had a medium which was plenty but left me dreaming for more. Ms. Music loved it too!

- Mr. Music review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...