Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Taco Villa, Tacos, Fort Worth-TX


Last visit: August 2014

Rating: Buy

January 2014 update: Well, the RJG has done his part to help the new franchise along. Maybe not weekly visits, but certainly monthly. That probably will slow down, mainly because of the extended drive, and my schedule. But I truly do like their tacos. I'm not sure if this location has the same buzz as the Benbrook store received, but I do hope everyone is at least giving it a shot, especially if you enjoy old fashioned crunchy tacos. Plus they have a new homemade habanero salsa that's quite good - and spicy! (which apparently replaced the green one I mention below).

The RJG's primary page for Taco Villa.

Ask and ye shall receive right? It was only a little over a year ago that if you wanted to go to Taco Villa, you had to venture 6 hours to West Texas (Amarillo, Midland/Odessa). Then came their surprise entry to the DFW market with a new location in Benbrook. Much closer of course, but still a good 45 minute haul for us here in NE Tarrant. So I suggested on these very pages perhaps a new location up our way will be met with much glee. And indeed it came to pass. Perhaps not ideal for the RJG who lives on the other side of US 377, but no one here is complaining. No way. In fact, just to show support and solidarity, I may be a weekly visitor for awhile. I really love their old school crunchy ground beef tacos.

For the history of the chain, and our personal experience, follow the link above which we composed after going to the Benbrook locale.

To be honest, I can't believe how fast they got this location up and running. I could swear we drove by only a month ago, and it was still just a wood frame. Well, it's done, and it's a spitting image of the Benbrook location. Including the service, the cleanliness, and the quality.

I also noticed for the first time that they have a new "hotter sauce" which is a thick green. I tried it, and it reminds me quite a bit of the one they use at Taco John's, for those of you who have eaten at that fine chain up in the Northern Plains states. It's not quite that hot, but it's still got a bit of a punch, and is a refreshing change.

Also, special thanks to the readers of the RJG that alerted me of the opening of the new Taco Villa!

For whatever reason, eating here reminded me of my favorite AT&T commercial.



Taco Villa on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the meat needs more seasoning but we always ordered the bean burrito with green sauce and add sour cream. And I think this location goes a little light on the green sauce.