Sunday, July 8, 2012

After seemingly lost, the RJG is back

Hello everyone!

Long time since we last spoke. I knew back in February that the avalanche was coming, I was just in denial. But the cavalry finally arrived at work to save me from 70 to 90 hour work weeks (including travel), and my schedule went back to normal sometime in May. On top of this insanity, in early April, we sold our summer townhome in Denver (in only 3 days!), making us drop everything at once, adding to the chaos of that most crazy month of my life. So we're back here full time in DFW once again, with one or two planned summer excursions per year to escape the oppressive heat. This year will be a 3 week journey to Oregon and Washington starting later this month.

As always, I find myself debating internally how I want to report about the restaurant scene in DFW, and in particular NE Tarrant. At least for the time being, I plan to give periodic roundups. Maybe I'll flesh some of these out later, but for now they'll be bite size reports. My main goal has always been to bring about exposure to restaurants that you may not know about, or would like to know a little bit more of. I have zero intention of being a food writer, nor do I want to be one.

I'll start with a quick guide of new places we've been to in NE Tarrant, then do one for the rest of DFW. I'll also have one for regional and national chains. And maybe, with any luck at all, I may even do a similar guide for the various places we've traveled. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Some of these places I've already written quick sketches for on Urbanspoon, a website that appeals to me more and more as time goes by. As such, I won't link these in to Urbanspoon unless I write a special feature separately on a restaurant.

- RJG

No comments: